The Brotherhood Ministry is comprised of all men of Pilgrim Rest Missionary Baptist Church and no application is required. Once you become a member of this church, you automatically become a member of the Brotherhood. The purpose of this ministry is to bring the men of Pilgrim Rest together in a unified manner to study the word of God, share the word of God, learn to live by the word of God, and become strong leaders in all aspects of life.
The Brotherhood teaches men to govern their lives by the following motto:
Teach the word in the home
With a consecrated heart
Following the footsteps of the Savior
Leading all men to God.
Click here if you would like a member of the Brotherhood Ministry to contact you.
Business & Professional Guild
The Culinary Ministry is a creative and innovative ministry designed to serve God and others through food preparation. This ministry encompasses everything from creating menus for 2-2000 guests to food preparation and decorations for church programs/events. If you enjoy a fast paced, customer service oriented environment and can yield yourself to the direction of the Holy Spirit, then our ministry needs YOU.
Click here if you would like a member of the Culinary Ministry to contact you.
Marriage & Family Enrichment Ministry
This ministry is designed to instruct, direct and counsel engaged and married couples through the Word of God. We provide spiritual knowledge and comprehension as it relates to marriage God’s way. Marriage is not a game and the vows are not to be taken lightly; however, far too often we see that they are. It is incumbent upon the church to have a strong Marriage Ministry that exhibits, exemplifies and teaches the Word of God’s intent for a marriage and family to be complete.
Click here if you would like a member of the Marriage & Family Enrichment Ministry to contact you.
All women of the Household of Faith are welcomed into this ministry. Mission is here to provide an opportunity for evangelism to women of all ages and be a support by aiding the Pastor in spreading the Good News. Our Missions are structured into four adult ministries and one youth.
Click here if you would like a member of the Mission to contact you.
Our sewing ministry is designed to encourage Christian standards through domestic and Biblical teaching. Sewing, knitting, quilting and crafting instructions are provided for future Christian homemaking preparations.
Click here if you would like a member of the Sewing Ministry to contact you.
The Tribal Ministry is here to build and strengthen the connections that members of Pilgrim Rest Missionary Baptist Church (PRMBC) share and to encourage closer fellowship and relationships between new and current members of the church. The purpose is not to create separate churches within PRMBC. There remains one church, one pastor and one congregation.
The Tribal Ministry organizes members of PRMBC into tribes based on the birth month of the head of the household. The name of each tribe is based on the Twelve Tribes or Houses of Israel, which God commanded Moses to organize in order to take a census of the congregation of Israel. The twelve tribes of Israel and the corresponding birth month for each PRMBC tribe are the following:
- Reuben (January)
- Simeon (February)
- Gad (March)
- Judah (April)
- Issachar (May)
- Zebulun (June)
- Ephraim (July)
- Manasseh (August)
- Benjamin (September)
- Dan (October)
- Asher (November)
- Naphtali (December)
Click here if you would like a member of the Tribal Ministry to contact you.
The Women's Ministry is here to enlist and encourage Christian women to grow and develop spiritually in the Lord; to be an available support ministry for Christian women in their walk with the Lord; and to accomplish collectively the purpose of Study, Fellowship and Service.
Our goals are to minister to the needs of church women to encourage their growth to spiritual maturity; to identify avenues to reach all women in the church; to encourage women-to-women spiritual guidance; and to demonstrate a meaningful mentoring relationship between women from different backgrounds, ages, and life phases.
Click here if you would like a member of the Women's Ministry to contact you.
Worship & Fine Arts Ministry
Greetings, and thanks for visiting our website. We are truly excited about what God is doing in the Worship & Fine Arts Ministry (WFAM) here at “The Rest”. We are convinced you will find our worship services to be uplifting, transformational and in an atmosphere that is comfortable to experience God in a way you haven’t before.
As a ministry, we strive to exhibit the love of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ through reaching out, touching, inspiring, motivating, encouraging, and convicting the souls of men and women of all ages, colors and backgrounds through the gifts and talents with which God has blessed this ministry. There are many opportunities to lend a helping hand to someone in need, and we are dedicated to being a vital part of giving. As a ministry, we believe in going beyond the call of singing, dancing and acting.
Here at “The Rest" we enjoy a blended style of worship, which incorporates music, sacred dance, and theatrical presentations. Our goal is to provide a spiritually effective worship experience for everyone. The Worship & Fine Arts Ministry has several opportunities for you to participate in the worship service. These opportunities are as follows:
- C. W. Wallace Women's Chorus: This choir is comprised of all women, ages 18 and up. This anointed group of ladies minister traditional, gospel, and contemporary styles of music.
- Essence of Praise: This dance team is comprised of dancers between 4-11 years old. The Essence of Praise allows young girls and boys to minister through dance. It is also an opportunity for their gift to be nurtured by anointed instructors.
- Gooden-Prince Choir: This choir is comprised of men and women, ages 18 and up. Hymns, anthems, spirituals, traditional and contemporary music is ministered.
- Guiding Light Choir: This choir is comprised of youth, ages 4 – 11, and ministers traditional, contemporary and gospel music arranged for children.
- L. O. Avery Male Chorus: A choir of all male singers, ages 18 and up, intended to allow men to worship God in an atmosphere that displays unity and love of brothers in Christ.
- Praise Team: Worshippers that exemplify a spirit and genuine love for worship. This team is appointed by the Director of Music and ministers “Praise & Worship” songs each Sunday.
- Shabach: This dance team is open to teenagers, ages 12-17 years of age. This group, on occasion, ministers with the Tribe of Judah, our adult dance team.
- Tribe of Judah Dance Ministry: The Tribe is an integral part of the Worship and Fine Arts Ministry and acquires leadership from the Director of the Dance Division. The Tribe of Judah is the core dance team of WFAM.
- Voices of Praise Youth Choir: This choir consists of youth, ages 12 – 17, and ministers a mix of Alternative and contemporary Christian songs.
Click here if you would like a member of WFAM to contact you.